Google make this recommendation to create 3-5 ads in each of her Search Ad groups because more ads in an ad group means more options for success in an auction.
Francine is advertising her company’s newest video-editing software and related products. She knows that best practice is to create 3–5 ads in each of her search ad groups. Why does Google make this recommendation?
- More ads in an ad group increases the chances of showing more than one ad per auction.
- More ads in an ad group means they receive a higher-quality score.
- More ads in an ad group means lower bounce rates for landing pages.
- More ads in an ad group means more options for success in an auction.
The correct answer is: More ads in an ad group means more options for success in an auction.
Google recommends having three to five ads per ad group because The more ads present in an ad group, the more options you’ll have for success in an auction.
When you rotate your ads to optimize for clicks or conversions, ad groups with three or more high-quality ads may receive up to 15% more clicks or conversions, compared to ad groups with one or two ads.
That’s because Google selects the best ad for every auction, ensuring the right message gets in front of the right customer. When combined with three or more ad extensions, this best practice can result in even better performance.
- Learn more here: Skillshop Search Certification
- Fourth chapter: Deliver the right message with text ads
- Sub-Chapter: How to create effective text ads