Travel is vast domain. A travel portal can deals in thousands of travel packages. There can be millions of pages in travel portal. To manage these pages can seem hard but actually not. Big portals are usually made through CMS and every page is dynamic. Because to develop static page for big dreamed travel portal is not possible at all. Usually we make 5-6 type of pages according to our website’s requirement and start calling content dynamically for every package and destination. While developing a travel portal, you should keep some points in your mind:
- You are going to make a travel portal to play in travel industry for infinite time. That’s why design and structure should be very appropriate and compatible with all technologies.
- To put title and Meta description is not possible in big portal. So you will have to call all Title tags and Meta tags dynamically. Make its structures SEO friendly. Do good keywords research before implementing any structure.
- Website’s content can be called dynamically. You can use price range, tour type, destination names and tour itinerary to generate diversified content.
- If any tour package is suspended, please update your CMS and don’t let generate 404. You can redirect with 301 status on new relevant tour package.
- Website should be well categorized. Try to define types of tour you are dealing with.
- URL of every tour package and travel destination should be written in SEO friendly format.
- Don’t forget to use site search and analytics code. It will help to analyze your users requirement.
- On travel destination, you can provide option to post public reviews.
- Pages of hotels, restaurants, resorts, destinations should be categories. Such as Budget hotel, 2 star or three star hotels etc.
You need not to put extra efforts to get bigger websites ranked. Just keep creating new packages. For more information you can call me at 9953018544.