The correct order of steps is:
- Step 1 – Write down your strategic goals.
- Step 2 – Write down ways that coaching is helping meet the strategic goals.
- Step 3 – Brainstorm support for each goal.
- Step 4 – Identify high-impact action items.
- Step 5 – Determine evidence of completion.
Explanation: The strategic goal alignment protocol begins with clearly writing down all the school’s strategic goals. Next, identify how coaching activities are currently contributing to these goals. The third step involves brainstorming additional support for each goal, assessing effectiveness, and considering new approaches if needed. The fourth step is to select high-impact actions that align with the Certified Coach program and can efficiently support the most people. Finally, establish specific, measurable evidence of success for each action item and set a realistic timeframe for completion. This structured approach ensures that coaching activities are closely aligned with and effectively contribute to the strategic goals of the school.
Read more here: Chapter 25: Aligning with School Goals