Off-Page Optimization is very essential to making your website popular. Through Off-Page Optimization, you not only create popularity, but you also get backlinks. And these backlinks play a great role to get your website ranked on search engines.
There are various sources to get backlinks. We mean to say that there are many activities in off-page optimization. In Off-Page Optimization, the main motto is to get maximum backlinks from high PageRank sites and on relevant content. Following are the ways to get backlinks.
- Guest Post: Guest post or guest blogging are the same terms. We write the content for the website and post it on other websites.
- Article Submission: By just posting your articles on article or ezine sites you can get backlinks. But each ezine site has different rules from the others. Some websites do not allow posting more than 2 links. Many sites set rules to link in 3rd paragraph. It means you can’t link your website in 1st and 2nd paragraphs.
- Blog Posting: The blog is used for instant updates. You can post as many links as you want. But, you should not post more than 3 links in the content of 400 words.
- Link Building: The practice of getting backlinks from other relevant websites is called link building. You need to contact the webmasters of other websites and ask them to provide a link to your website from their existing content. This is also called “Link Insertion”.
- Forum Discussion: Same as article, forum sites also have different rules of discussion. On forums, you can use signatures for getting backlinks. But in some forums, you are not able to write your signatures until you participate in significant threads.
- Directory Submission: Getting your business listed in business directories comes under this practice. Some of them can prove you backlinks but not all directories do the same. You may get decent relevant traffic from popular directories.
- Question & Answers: Question and Answers are good to make popularity and branding of your websites.
- Press Release Submission: Press releases are taken as news and some major search engines use the content of press release sites as their news content.
- Comments on Blog: Comments are not considered while calculating the PageRank. But a link on a popular blog can drive some traffic.
But these factors work effectively only after your On-Page Optimization. These activities help to get quality and permanent links. However, permanent linking is a must.